No, we do not have free testing. All our tests are complete audiological assessments, to give you accurate information to make an informed choice, obligation free. Pensioners and DVA eligible clients can get hearing assessment vouchers, but they are essentially not free but are covered by the appropriate health program at no expense to the client.
In New South Wales most babies have their hearing tested soon after birth. This Newborn Screening test helps to identify babies that have hearing loss early to provide intervention as soon as possible for the best outcomes for speech and language development. There are however factors that can impact on a baby's hearing that are not detected at birth. Therefore you should have your baby's hearing tested if you are concerned particularly if:
- There is a family history of progressive hearing loss..
- Your baby had bacterial meningitis or encephalitis.
- Our baby has recurrent ear infections
Other indicators to have your child's hearing tested are:
- Your child's speech and language are not developing as expected.
- Your child has delayed developmental in other areas.
- Your child has suffered a serious illness.
- Your child turns music/TV up loud or doesn't respond to you as well as the have in the past.
Concern regarding your child's ability to process what they are hearing; Central Auditory Processing difficulties, is another reason for having your child's hearing tested.